Windows Update History

This section is for XP operating system problems and requests for help.
Liverbird
Contributor
Contributor

Windows Update History

Post by Liverbird » Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:33 am

Squeezy will have seen this before but I still have not found a solution. After loads of searching I have found one other person with the same problem, who posted on the microsft forums but had no response,................................and neither have I  :ycry:

Anyway the problem is when I go to the windows update site to view my "update history"..........I have none  :dohhh:
Well, sometimes I do, then next visit the ones there last time will now be gone and the last installed updates will show for that week/month what ever. I can remember when I had pages and pages of installed updates, where have they all gone? I know I have them on my pc, and windows updates doesn't repeatedly offer them to me thinking I no longer have them. In Add/Remove programs in the control panel all the updates are there so that's not a problem, but would just like to know more about this and what's causing it. Sqeezy knows I hate to be beaten on something like this ................BUT I AM    :cry2:   
If anyone has an answer to this do prey tell  :ybiggrin:

Me and Squeezy were thinking perhaps a clean up program could be removing an active x or something that is needed, but I can't find anything. I have the same security programs on another pc but do not have this problem?

I use the "one button check up" from my Norton System works 2005
Tweak now reg cleaner (although was not using this when the problem was fisrt discovered)
Windows Defender
Ad-Aware SE Personal (free edition)

System is XP Pro service pack 2  Using IE 6 sp2 (so it's not a IE 7 thing lol )

Sooooooooo, what do you think peeps
A day without a laff is a day wasted ;)

Liverbird
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Windows Update History

Post by Liverbird » Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:19 am

:yquestion: Anything...........Anyone! ?

Before I pop..............................................Ooops too late  :microwave: :icon_eek:
A day without a laff is a day wasted ;)

Logster55
New FixmyXP Member
New FixmyXP Member

Re: Windows Update History

Post by Logster55 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:51 pm

Well, After reading this, I know there is a EASY fix to this, just copy and paste SOMETHING into your Start/Run.. I did it about 6 times now.. heh, but cant find it right now. I mean, heat sink? Yikes! No, really, there is just something that makes your computer think that file is junk, when you clean your cookies or something, and you have to replace it in your registry.. But what do I know?