XP SP3

This section is for XP operating system problems and requests for help.
Essexboy
Administrator
Administrator

XP SP3

Post by Essexboy » Fri Sep 30, 2005 6:06 pm

Little snippet I found on Cnet

Microsoft has revealed plans to release a third service pack for its Windows XP operating system.

"There will be a Service Pack 3 for Windows XP," Bernard Ourghanlian, technical and security director at Microsoft France, confirmed, revealing that Microsoft's OS is set for another major update.

Windows XP's Service Pack 2, which came out last September, deeply modified the operating system by updating its security.

Windows XP SP3 will be available sometime next year--after the launch of Windows Vista, which "is the priority for the development teams," according to Microsoft France.

Microsoft has yet to reveal details about the contents of the service pack. Laurent Delaporte of Microsoft France said: "Historically, certain functions of new versions of Windows are integrated in the service packs of previous versions."
VISTA
XPsp2
Avast (of course)

http://spaces.msn.com/members/essexboymkn/

If ignorance is bliss  why aren't more people happy?

Squeezebox
Administrator
Administrator

XP SP3

Post by Squeezebox » Fri Sep 30, 2005 8:57 pm

Well, that will be something to look forward to. I wonder how many people have still refused to install SP2?

Essexboy
Administrator
Administrator

XP SP3

Post by Essexboy » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:05 pm

If you don't install sp2 in my opinion you are being foolish or have listened to too many scare stories. SP2 installs well if your drivers are up to date and have no malware on your system. Install SP2 you know it makes sense. I'll even help if you want. Damn no soapbox smilie
VISTA
XPsp2
Avast (of course)

http://spaces.msn.com/members/essexboymkn/

If ignorance is bliss  why aren't more people happy?