Mandriva 2007.1 Spring Powerpack rocks!

This section is for XP operating system problems and requests for help.
GrayArray
Contributor
Contributor

Mandriva 2007.1 Spring Powerpack rocks!

Post by GrayArray » Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:11 am

I have reinstalled my Linux partitions with many different flavors of Linux in the past.  I was becoming real fond of Kubuntu Feisty Fawn when I discovered all that Mandriva 2007.1 offered.  It detected all of my drivers, allows me to run the Xgl stuff, Metisse runs flawlessly on my trouble laptop and it is extremely quick.  It also allows you to encrypt partitions on install, I like to encrypt my home partition, but I have to break in to unencrypt before login...  One more step of security!  Anyone else care to comment...  I'm mostly doing this to keep threads going in this sub-forum.

John  :insertlaugh:
Gray Array, Wireless Guy
Skilled in the art of Wifi Fu

Squeezebox
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Mandriva 2007.1 Spring Powerpack rocks!

Post by Squeezebox » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:10 am

Made a mental note for when I get round to installing Linux on one or two machines.

GrayArray
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Mandriva 2007.1 Spring Powerpack rocks!

Post by GrayArray » Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:29 am

Just Install 2 linux(es) on 1 machine, TRIPLE BOOT!!!!  :glupek2:  At one time I had WinXP Pro, Kubuntu, Fedora Core 5 and OpenBSD all on my laptop <- Specs:  AMD Athlon64, 2 GB RAM, 60GB HDD, and ATI Radeon Xpress 200M.

All booted wonderfully using the GRand Unified Bootloader aka GRUB.

Partitions:
hda1 = Windows = 15 GB
hda2 = OpenBSD = 9 GB split to = 8 GB / and ~ 1GB swap (I know, overkill for BSD)
hda3 = FAT32 Shared space =~ 15 GB
hda4 = Extended Partition
    hda5 = linux swap space = 512 MB (Still overkill with 2GB RAM)
    hda6 = FC5 / = 10 GB
    hda7 = Kubuntu / = 10 GB

Just thought this might help, getting the Linux(es) to behave and not use the other one's space was a bit tricky, but easily accomplished when you reinstall them both about 4 times, man I was getting tired of reinstalling.

John
Gray Array, Wireless Guy
Skilled in the art of Wifi Fu