annoying bubble pop up

This section is for XP operating system problems and requests for help.
allwaysbroke2002
Contributor
Contributor

annoying bubble pop up

Post by allwaysbroke2002 » Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:59 am

you no that annoying bubble popup that comes up when theres to many programs on the start up menu,well its very annoying and would like to know how to shut it off. thank you all :tiphat:

Squeezebox
Administrator
Administrator

Re: annoying bubble pop up

Post by Squeezebox » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:52 pm

Without doing a bit of research, I can't tell you how to turn off the balloon warning.

But, perhaps it is worth looking at what you have in start-up and reducing the number of programs. Performance is bound to be affected ,,,,,,,

allwaysbroke2002
Contributor
Contributor

Post by allwaysbroke2002 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:45 am

i have 13 programs listed , but its programs i always use! is there someway of disableing those annoying balloon popups? thx sqeezebox :tiphat:

allwaysbroke2002
Contributor
Contributor

Post by allwaysbroke2002 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:49 am

theres something else thats annoying that maybe you can help me out with SB. WHEN I START UP MY COMP. i get this language bar icon on my theme i right click it to remove but iam getting tired of doing that all the time,is there a way to disable that as well? thx for all your help :hooray: :tiphat:

Squeezebox
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Squeezebox » Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:37 pm

To sort out the Language toolbar, right-click on the taskbar and choose 'Toolbars' from the menu. Make sure that the tick is removed from alongside the Language bar.

As for the pop-up message you are getting, can you tell me exactly what the message is please? You might also like to have a read through the pages at the site below. Some good general advice on computer startup and associated problems.

http://www.colby-sawyer.edu/information ... ml#running

You could also try installing Startup Delayer to take control of programs launching at start. Spreading them out over 20 seconds or so can resolve a lot of problems as XP no longer will try to launch everything at once.

http://www.r2.com.au/software.php?page= ... startdelay