stop loading screen from switching themes

This section is for XP operating system problems and requests for help.
wanabe
Rising Star
Rising Star

stop loading screen from switching themes

Post by wanabe » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:51 pm

when i turn on my comp and windows is booting up the little window that says loading settings that soon changes into the press ctrl+alt+delete to begin that screen.

it seems to start in windows classic(the theme i like to use cause its the simplest) then switches to the basic xp theme and i was wondering if there was a way to just get it to stay in the classic theme cause i'm sure it would save just a little time during start up.

thanks, out.
I'm just an anal-retentive  free available space monger. If you ever need help peeling bananas, I'm here to help.
Thanks seriously

windowsxp550
Administrator
Administrator

Re: stop loading screen from switching themes

Post by windowsxp550 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:11 pm

I'm not sure if I understand correctly...

but, can't you just set this, in your Display Properties.  Right click on the desktop, go to Properties, then go to the Appearance Tab, and change the Windows XP to Classic.

Squeezebox
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Squeezebox » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:03 pm

Not sure I understand either.
changes into the press ctrl+alt+delete to begin that screen.
Do you mean you get a system failure blue screen appear? If so, you need to tell us what the error message is.
it seems to start in windows classic ...... then switches to the basic xp
Does this happen without you doing anything?  When you say it "seems" to start in classic, does this mean you get a desktop in classic then it changes? How long does this take?

You could just do as windowsxp550 has advised and see if all is resolved. If it isn't, then give us more details.

pharmashawkath
New FixmyXP Member
New FixmyXP Member

Post by pharmashawkath » Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:31 pm

Hi there,

Try this,

CONTROL PANEL > USER ACCOUNTS change the option "change the way user logon"

Kindly reply back if its work

wanabe
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by wanabe » Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:31 am

what i'm talking about is a cosmetic problem....

ok if you have ctrl alt del enabled for the log in.

that little window that pops up that says press ctrl alt del to begin that screen it starts in the classic theme and then goes to the xp theme in the way the window looks

(seems to just be set as a default some where else besides in the display properties)

i'm wondering if i can get it to stop from ever looking like the xp theme cause i use the classic them for my desktop

i'm sorry if i'm hard to understand

pharmashawkath do you mean so switch the logon style back and forth to get the settings to reset?

Squeezebox no no not bsd just the ctrl alt del prompt screen

windowsxp550 thats what i did but the window still reverts to the xp style(i keep it set on clasic) im talking themes here the way the window looks not how it works...

ok i hope im being clear now sorry guys
I'm just an anal-retentive  free available space monger. If you ever need help peeling bananas, I'm here to help.
Thanks seriously

Squeezebox
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Squeezebox » Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:18 am

I am not familiar with "ctrl alt del enabled for the log in". Could you post a screen shot?

The standard logon screens will give you one of these if you are using a password to logon:

Do you get something similar?

It's not usual to have to press ctrl+at+del to logon.

wanabe
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by wanabe » Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:37 pm

ok well im in a hurry but her is a link that shows a pic of what im talking about

http://helpdesk.graniteschools.org/docs ... asp?ID=288

um just imagine that pic in the classic theme thats how i want it to stay, classic looking hahaha ok

thaks
Thanks seriously

Squeezebox
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Squeezebox » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:41 am

I see what you mean now - only an option in XP Pro.

You cannot change that particular screen to your personalised desktop preferences because, at that stage, Windows has not loaded your desktop.

I have the classic theme, because I too don't like the XP colour schemes. However, the welcome screen I get is in XP colours, and that cannot be changed. Once a user logs in, their own theme can be loaded.

So my daughter has the theme of her choice, background etc, I have classic with a picture of my choosing as background. None of these will show until either of us logon.

If you are getting the classic theme once you are at your desktop (after pressing ctrl+alt+del) then that's how it's supposed to work - you can't change that.

You could always use group edit and remove the requirement for ctrl+alt+del. Then you would startup straight into your desktop.

wanabe
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by wanabe » Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:43 pm

well the screen i get is in color too, how ever by the rest of what you said it dose'nt seem like that would make a difference....

a bit disappointing but no big deal 

thanks for your help guys
Thanks seriously