I don,t know where to go or who to ask my p/c is running slow,beyond slow

This section is for XP operating system problems and requests for help.
krikett
New FixmyXP Member
New FixmyXP Member

I don,t know where to go or who to ask my p/c is running slow,beyond slow

Post by krikett » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:57 am

recently I was D/L window,s live 1 care when it just stopped 1/2 way through and shut down.I didn,t pay much attn. to this so I just figured I try later,so I shutdown my P/C.The next day I went on but now I was getting a pop/up saying limited or no connt.called tech they said nothing wrong at their end,so I ran a diogt. test and everything came back as failed no Netwrk adapts. IP ADD.default gateway,DHCP SERVS.etc.etc. called windows tech 1 hr later got connt. but now it,s slow,how slow  I clk on my E/Mail on friday it opened on sunday,all the tech,s at support can,t figure it out,and for sure I,m have not a clue I,m just learning.could someone PLEASE help me,or suggest what I can do,It,s not my P/C this was checked out,and thats all I,ve heard from the support tech,s.fell as though they don,t know. I,d very much appreciate any advice and Thank You.

Squeezebox
Administrator
Administrator

Re: I don,t know where to go or who to ask my p/c is running slow,beyond slow

Post by Squeezebox » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:48 am

First a few questions:

1. Is it only on Internet connectivity that it is running slowly, or is it slow opening/running all programs?

2. Have you opened Task Manager (ctrl+alt+del) and looked at the running processes to see if any are using excessive memory?

3. Have you tried a system restore to before the Live 1care download?

Karri
New FixmyXP Member
New FixmyXP Member

Post by Karri » Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:56 am

krikett wrote: recently I was D/L window,s live 1 care when it just stopped 1/2 way through and shut down.I didn,t pay much attn. to this so I just figured I try later,so I shutdown my P/C.The next day I went on but now I was getting a pop/up saying limited or no connt.called tech they said nothing wrong at their end,so I ran a diogt. test and everything came back as failed no Netwrk adapts. IP ADD.default gateway,DHCP SERVS.etc.etc. called windows tech 1 hr later got connt. but now it,s slow,how slow  I clk on my E/Mail on friday it opened on sunday,all the tech,s at support can,t figure it out,and for sure I,m have not a clue I,m just learning.could someone PLEASE help me,or suggest what I can do,It,s not my P/C this was checked out,and thats all I,ve heard from the support tech,s.fell as though they don,t know. I,d very much appreciate any advice and Thank You.
Suggest you go to www.pcpitstop.com and take their free battery of tests. The results should help you. If not, they can help you.

Squeezebox
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Squeezebox » Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:56 am

I think you'll find that the original poster has left the building.

They've not been back since August.