explorer crash on IE usage

This section is for XP operating system problems and requests for help.
Draj
New FixmyXP Member
New FixmyXP Member

explorer crash on IE usage

Post by Draj » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:26 pm

Hi my name is Dan and I have went through the forum a little bit and found a post titled "desktop icons and taskbar" which is here (http://www.fixmyxp.com/component/option ... pic,1933.0) now I read through that and I have similar problems, i already ran sfc /scannow and detected nothing wrong with the integrity of the files, and the file there the "fixshell.cmd" i already made that on my desktop but i want to make sure that is the step i need to take, because I too dont have a windows xp CD myself just a restore partition on the HD but i did take steps and downloaded a backup of winxp sp2 but have yet to burn it now let me explain my situation perhaps someone could tell me if the steps in the "desktop icons and taskbar" would be the best step.  On windows bootup everything is fine, I connect to the internet everything is fine, but when I have IE open (i dont even need to have multiple tabs in IE for this to happen, but it happens more frequently then) the taskbar dissapears and so does the desktop, sometimes it comes back on its own sometimes i have to run explorer.exe from the taskmanager does anyone have any suggestions?

Squeezebox
Administrator
Administrator

Re: explorer crash on IE usage

Post by Squeezebox » Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:59 pm

As the other problem hasn't been fixed (apparently), wait for Essexboy to advise you first - he's running with this problem.

Draj
New FixmyXP Member
New FixmyXP Member

Post by Draj » Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:03 pm

will do

Essexboy
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Essexboy » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:23 pm

If you have a recovery partition point the scannow programme to your i386 folder.  And the fix re-registers IE in the system as 99% of the time that is the cause of the problem 
VISTA
XPsp2
Avast (of course)

http://spaces.msn.com/members/essexboymkn/

If ignorance is bliss  why aren't more people happy?