sound(or no sound in this case)

This section is for XP operating system problems and requests for help.
molson50
New FixmyXP Member
New FixmyXP Member

sound(or no sound in this case)

Post by molson50 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:07 pm

My sound thru the desktop speakers stopped.First it was one speaker and then to the other.Then the headphones went to only one side.I have SoundMax that I got(should that show up in the Device Manager?) thru Dells support site.Or is there some way I can test to see if the problem is internal or my speakers are bad?

Essexboy
Administrator
Administrator

Re: sound(or no sound in this case)

Post by Essexboy » Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:24 pm

From the sound of it, it is either your speakers or soundcard on the way out.  What I would suggest is to check all the wires into your speakers and ensure that they  are clean and properly inserted into the soundcard.  Next would be to check the soundcard is seated properly unless you have an onboard chip.
VISTA
XPsp2
Avast (of course)

http://spaces.msn.com/members/essexboymkn/

If ignorance is bliss  why aren't more people happy?

wanabe
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: sound(or no sound in this case)

Post by wanabe » Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:53 pm

in addition make sure that your sound out-put didn't get put to digital only. if your using analog; and vise versa if you use digital. you could check this by going into: control panel> sounds and audio device properties.... how ever if this sound card card doesn't have these features (new-er sound cards do) .....well then theres one less variable at least... :blahblah: hope that helps some
I'm just an anal-retentive  free available space monger. If you ever need help peeling bananas, I'm here to help.
Thanks seriously