Worst Windows OS?

This section is for XP operating system problems and requests for help.

Which is/was the worst version of windows?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:39 am

Total votes: 0

Floydoid
Contributor
Contributor

Worst Windows OS?

Post by Floydoid » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:37 am

Let's try again.

In your opinion wich is/was the worst ever version of Windows?

Windows was first launched back in 1985, but for the purposes of this poll I am ignoring versions 1&2, as most of us will have only used DOS before Windows 3.
Image And silence that speaks so much louder than words of promises broken

Cache
Rising Star
Rising Star

Worst Windows OS?

Post by Cache » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:19 pm

Well ME pretty much sucks eggs but I know I'd rather be using ME than 3.x, so I'm voting 3.x the worst.

windowsxp550
Administrator
Administrator

Worst Windows OS?

Post by windowsxp550 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:38 pm

You have to take into account what was available at the time that these OS were out. Windows 3.11 looks like crap when you look at it now. But back when it was out, it was looked at as high tech, wave of the future stuff.

So with this in mind, ME has to be the worst. It was a rush release and was so buggy that nearly everyone that owned it ran into problems right away.....

fleamailman
Rising Star
Rising Star

Worst Windows OS?

Post by fleamailman » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:53 am

The last poster has the right idea I believe, they are sandcastles in front of a sea of malware and the sandcastle seller knows that each time we rush into his new improved sandcastle with extra security because the sea has seeped into this one: malware is good for business. I wonder how long it will take for the telephone to be seen as a sandcastle too.
The goblin took a hike, fleamailman's account has been taken over by a different serious me then.

Floydoid
Contributor
Contributor

Worst Windows OS?

Post by Floydoid » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:52 am

windowsxp550 wrote:You have to take into account what was available at the time that these OS were out. Windows 3.11 looks like crap when you look at it now. But back when it was out, it was looked at as high tech, wave of the future stuff.

So with this in mind, ME has to be the worst. It was a rush release and was so buggy that nearly everyone that owned it ran into problems right away.....
Pretty much my way of thinking. I fail to see how anyone could pick 95 either, OK it had its faults, but it was such a quantum leap forwards from 3.11, and it paved the way for 98SE, which had it been less liable to lock-ups and better at memory management, could have been the best ever version of Windows.
Image And silence that speaks so much louder than words of promises broken

rimmer5000
New FixmyXP Member
New FixmyXP Member

Worst Windows OS?

Post by rimmer5000 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:16 pm

ME for sure. It's the only release that has been like taking a step backwards.