automatic image resizing

Post in here if it's about browsers, email, web or home networking.
robingrey
New FixmyXP Member
New FixmyXP Member

automatic image resizing

Post by robingrey » Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:02 am

Hello.  I am running Internet Explorer on Windows XP.  When I view an image through a browser window, it sometimes automatically resizes to fit the window and sometimes it does not.  I definitely have the option selected in the advanced tab under internet options.  Can anyone figure this one out?  I would greatly appriciate any help.  Thank you.

Squeezebox
Administrator
Administrator

Re: automatic image resizing

Post by Squeezebox » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:31 am

Images that are viewed through any browser can only display the image at the size it has been set to by the web site designer. Some will only display as a thumbnail, some will display as full size photographs.

It's not a problem, it's by design.

robingrey
New FixmyXP Member
New FixmyXP Member

Post by robingrey » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:13 pm

Oh, thank you very much Squeezbox.  OK.  Let me revise that.  I AM the designer of the problem page.  I made the website in Frontpage and I'm hosting it through Yahoo.  When I open the images from my files with a web browser window or when I view the image through the web hosting control panel it automatically resizes.  When I just go and visit my site and click on an image it does not resize after loading.  I realize this probably puts me in the wrong forum now, but does anyone know what I'm doing wrong or how to fix it?

Squeezebox
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Squeezebox » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:09 pm

I'm not sure what you mean by resizing? An image is displayed on a web site at the size it is stored at on the site. If you have thumbnails, they should link to the larger size image and that should load when the link is clicked.

If you are getting different results when looking through either the web control panel or Frontpage, then you might not be picking up the image from the web site folder.

Post a link to your site, I'll have a look.

robingrey
New FixmyXP Member
New FixmyXP Member

Post by robingrey » Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:58 pm

My website is chrismcnaystudio.com.  If you go to either "Sketches" or "Drawings" and then click on one of the thumbnails in the gallery, the image will come up.  Once it renders, it should shrink down to fit the whole image in the browser window.  This just doesn't happen. 

Squeezebox
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Squeezebox » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:05 pm

The thumbnails are linking perfectly and each image then shows in the browser at the size it is stored on your site.

If you right-click on an image in your browser, then look at the image properties, you will see the size in pixels. It is that size that determines how it will display.

Yours are all displaying in accordance with the image size as you've uploaded them.

robingrey
New FixmyXP Member
New FixmyXP Member

Post by robingrey » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:27 pm

Gotcha.  Thanks for all your help.  I really appreciate it. :hithere: