full screen problems

This section is for XP operating system problems and requests for help.
matt20
New FixmyXP Member
New FixmyXP Member

full screen problems

Post by matt20 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:24 am

My laptop doesnt want to show pictures in full screen mode. Like in Irfanview, every time i want to see picture in full screen, it appear in full screen fot one second and than went to normal screen. Also every one new window i open, it appear in background and i have to click on that window again to see it in the front. I know it is not a big problem, but it is just annoying :glupek2:. That problem appear since i bought new computer and shut it down first time. So computer is new, windows is new, everything work, it just doesnt want to show things as it suppose to show. Thanks for hints.

Squeezebox
Administrator
Administrator

Re: full screen problems

Post by Squeezebox » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:07 pm

Are you using a mouse or the touchpad? This sounds typical of an oversensitive touchpad.

matt20
New FixmyXP Member
New FixmyXP Member

Post by matt20 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:15 pm

Using mouse, and it is the same problem.

Squeezebox
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Squeezebox » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:26 pm

It could be a video card problem (unlikely, but possible).

It could still be an oversensitive touchpad (or even the mouse).

I can't find any potential common cause of such a problem, so I would suspect that either of the above. Things you could try to narrow it down are:

Try running without the mouse connected - does it do the same even with just touchpad being used?

Be very sure you aren't inadvertently clicking on anything with either the touchpad or the mouse after executing an action.

Go back to the supplier - it's still under warranty.

I assume you are using XP and this isn't a Vista laptop?

matt20
New FixmyXP Member
New FixmyXP Member

Post by matt20 » Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:58 pm

I dont know if it is vista laptop, it is dell expiron 1501. I tryed to using only touchpad, it is still the same. Like for example in irfanview, you just need to press enter to be on full screen. So even without mouse and touchpad, only using enter, it is still the same. And also with programs. For example, i have opened Opera, and want to open some program, or game or whatever. I will go without mouse and touchpad on menu and press enter to open for example game. Game is open, but it is running on background. I have to go on taskbar and push enter again, or click on that program again. It worked yesterday, after i bought computer, today, it is messed up. It is really not a big program, it is just annoying.