black screen pc freeze after opening webpage

zzzzzzzz
New FixmyXP Member
New FixmyXP Member

black screen pc freeze after opening webpage

Post by zzzzzzzz » Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:37 pm

Hello everybody, i have some problems with my pc but just cant find what is causing them, i think the biggest one is my graphic card, its GeForce4 420 (32M), from time to time screen just goes black and computer freezes, happens while playing some game, opening webpages, or running some programs, after the black screen, pc doesnt auto restart, but no buttons combination works and i have to turn off my laptop and turn it on again, my machine is Gericom Webgine 2400Hz, 512 RAM, today i was searching solution for one of the errors nad found out how to get the error when i want, every time i open this website http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms797153.aspx and my graficcard isnt disabled screen goes black, when i disable the grafic i can open the page without problems, Does anyone have an idea what could the problem be and how could i try to solve it, would appriciate any help, thank you very much. Regards.

Squeezebox
Administrator
Administrator

Re: black screen pc freeze after opening webpage

Post by Squeezebox » Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:57 am

It seems you've isolated the problem to your graphics card.

As it's a laptop, I would take it to a repair shop and get a quote. It may mean a new laptop!