Autofix

This section is for XP operating system problems and requests for help.
BMiller
New FixmyXP Member
New FixmyXP Member

Autofix

Post by BMiller » Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:44 pm

I have an old Compaq 7000 with XP.

I have attempted to download pictures from my camera but it doesn't automatically download. Fuji says the auto start may not be working and I should download and run MS Autofix.exe which I did.

While running this program it asks which drive I want to correct. When I indicate the c drive it says "This program does not support this type of drive"

Any thoughts?

Squeezebox
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Autofix

Post by Squeezebox » Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:29 pm

I would imagine that the advice from Fuji was to fix the autorun on the camera, not your PC.

Personally, I never use camera supplied software to download pictures from a camera. Here's a much better way:

When you connect the camera (or flash card if using a card reader), Windows sees it as just another drive with files on it. Open Windows Explorer, then the folder on the camera/card reader where the pictures are.

In another window of Explorer, open the folder on your PC where you want to copy the pictures to.

Now you can click and drag the picture files to your chosen folder.

The advantage of doing it this was is that picture files can be opened for working with them in the program of your choice, not the program that came with the camera.

If you want some tips on good software for 'tweaking' photographs (all free). just ask.